Join Our Team
Joining the Green Mountain Bike Patrol:
- We encourage interested applicants to ride with us as trainees to get a feel for what it is that we do, and then if interested and appropriate, to join the national organization.
- First-aid and CPR, or EMS training is highly recommended, as our primary mission is medical support.
- Our roster of volunteers includes everything from RN's & EMT's to folks with only basic first-aid & CPR training. We have a place and a job for everyone. Patrollers are expected to treat patients only to the level of their training, and we try to pair people up to maximize their skills as a team
- The GMBP is a "volunteer service organization". We are not paid, nor reimbursed, for our services. As volunteers we share in the perks of volunteerism. Depending on the event, we may receive T-shirts, food, swag, beer, or all of the above.
- The real benefit, however, is the joy of participating in these events. We play an important part in the fundraising aspect of these charitable events and through our service we can help those in need.
- To join, or to get on our mailing list, click here.
- Most of the events we patrol use "Ham Radio" volunteers for communications. While not mandatory, we encourage GMBP Patrollers to obtain their "Ham" license.
- Visit the National Association for Amateur Radio to find a licensing exam in your area